The Southwest Electric Story
In 1946, three determined and entrepreneurial brothers embarked on a new venture and opened an electric motor repair business in Oklahoma City, naming it Southwest Electric Company. Over the years, that one location grew to four locations within Oklahoma, and their reach covered all of Oklahoma and parts of Kansas, Arkansas, and Texas.
As the business grew, so did its products and services, and in the 1960s, Southwest Electric Co. expanded into building and repairing custom transformers for the oil and gas industries and other markets.
The 1980s brought a change in ownership but the mission remained the same – diversify and expand. Southwest Electric Co. expanded field services to cover the entire country and built up expertise in switchgear, substations, breakers and more. The company also established facilities in multiple states and started supplying products worldwide.
Our history of innovation and safety, combined with a passion for serving our customers, has helped us grow from our humble beginnings in 1946 to where we are today. Southwest Electric Company is a leading designer, manufacturer, and service provider of transformer, switchgear and industrial motor solutions. It is our privilege to help people live life without interruption — across the country and around the world.