Industry Leading Field Services
For 75 years, Southwest Electric Company has been committed to providing innovative solutions and exceptional service for our customers. We don’t want to simply sell you a product—we want to build a lasting relationship. To better serve our customers, we offer a wide range of national field services for switchgear, industrial motors, and transformers.
Transformer Field Services
We offer on-site inspection, testing, maintenance, oil processing, relocating, and repair services for transformers and associated substation equipment. These services are performed by skilled and experienced transformer specialists, using tools and equipment specifically suited for the work.
All work is arranged, scheduled, and coordinated through our Field Service Operations Manager, who serves as your contact to ensure the work is accomplished within your timeline and budget. And as Doble clients, we have access to the largest transformer test results database in the world for comparing your transformers to others of the same size, manufacturer, and vintage.
Our transformer field services include:
- Transformer repair and maintenance
- Transformer oil processing (vacuum filling, hot-oil cleaning and more)
- Electrical testing
- Fluid analysis test
- Gas analysis (SF6)
- Breaker servicing
- Radiator and pump servicing
Learn more about our Transformer solutions.
Substation Maintenance & Service
In addition to our transformer services, we are also experienced in servicing and repairing all related transformer substation equipment. Our Substation Service Division can handle all aspects of assembly, relocation, and testing for units anywhere from 5 MVA to 500 MVA.
Some of our substation repair services include:
- Load tap changer (LTC) maintenance
- LTC upgrades
- LTC retrofitting
- Gasket replacement
- Welding repairs
- Vacuum filling and testing after repairs are completed
Switchgear Field Services
Our skilled switchgear technicians and engineers are trained by leading OEMs. They can come on-site to provide a variety of services, including:
- Commissioning and decommissioning of switchgear, circuit breakers, and motor starters
- Inspection, troubleshooting, testing and maintenance
- Infrared thermal imaging
- Testing and calibration of protective relays
- Retrofitting low-voltage air circuit breakers with solid-state trip kits
- Installation of ground fault protection and metering systems
- Acceptance testing of high-voltage cable
- Circuit breaker insulation resistance testing (IR testing)
- High Current Testing
- Hi-pot Testing
- Power Factor Testing
We service power protection and automation and control components from 600-volt class through 345 kV, including:
- Low-voltage metal frame power circuit breakers
- Low- and medium-voltage switches
- Medium-voltage air magnetic circuit breakers
- Vacuum circuit breakers
- SF6 gas interruption circuit breakers
- Medium-voltage motor starter contractors of all types
- Protective relays and trip units
- Metering and communication devices
Industrial Motor Field Services
Our experienced field engineers and technicians offer comprehensive motor servicing, including both preventive and repair services:
- Commissioning and decommissioning
- Laser alignment
- IRD dynamic balancing
- On-site commutator and slip-ring turning
- Cryogenic cleaning
- PdMA motor analysis
- Certified CSI vibration analysis
- Testing and verification services
For repairs that can’t be done on-site, we have the capacity to service motors of up to 100 tons at our plant. Learn more about our industrial motors solutions.
Schedule Field Service
If you need field service for your equipment, SWE can help. We understand how critical it is for you to minimize downtime at your facility, and we strive to provide fast, excellent service for every customer, every time.