We are looking for an experienced Project Manager in the power distribution segment to join our growing team. We are seeking someone to interface between our internal Sales and Operations teams, as well as the Customer and other 3rd-party entities, in order to oversee successful and on-time completion of a variety of projects (both Customer order and internal). Primary responsibilities include ensuring proper information is communicated to all stakeholders, leading team efforts to deliver results, developing and furthering customer relationships, and managing contract terms resulting in prolonged business relationships.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have advanced multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys participating in a wide variety of projects. In this position, you will be exposed to all aspects of commercial and operational activities, which include both new products (custom transformers and switchgear), as well as a wide variety of field services. The custom nature of our portfolio offering ensures ample opportunities to increase your overall knowledge in aspects of the power distribution industry you may be less familiar with.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the entire project life-cycle from Customer purchase order to execution and final closeout, working closely with Sales and Operations.
• Support sales and operations teams with identifying opportunities and developing proposals as needed.
• Review and maintain contract terms for assigned projects and negotiations. Coordinate with all stake holders to ensure established contract terms are met and appropriate risk mitigation tactics are utilized throughout the project life-cycle.
• Review customers’ specifications and drawings to interpret and determine project requirements. Coordinate the requisition of materials and contracting of any required outside labor or services.
• Provide technical and commercial support for other company divisions during the coordinated efforts of a project.
• Drive communications, project reviews, updates, scope changes, and risk management via organizing and running conference calls, site meetings, web sessions, etc.
• Provide site support for project work as required. May require periodic visits to active work sites to conduct meetings, coordinate team members, and provide oversight for successful task execution and safety.
• Drive schedule and budget performance for projects assigned to meet or exceed internal and external expectations.
• Coordinate staff efforts to execute on internal and external projects, resolve problems, and develop new cost-effective methods.
• Lead investigations of technical problems and efforts to establish new procedures and corrective actions, to include quality improvement projects supporting quality and productivity goals.
• Up to 25% travel may be required for customer site walkthroughs, conferences, various SWE locations, etc.
Non-Essential (Secondary) Duties:
• Candidates must be able to contribute on multiple projects simultaneously under the direction of management.
• Be familiar with industry standards and how to apply independently to each project.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Deep understanding of power distribution industry, utility grid, primary distribution components, and a variety of field services.
• Proven experience delivering multiple projects from bid to warranty expiration.
• Proven experience analyzing a variety of customer specifications and industry standards, delivering a comprehensive and successful solution.
• Proven experience managing production schedules, communicating between multiple parties, and willingness to identify and resolve issues that crop up.
• Demonstrated understanding and interpretation of design drawings, one-lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, specifications, IEEE standards, NEC standards, NFPA 70 standards, applicable utility standards, and 3rd-party certifications (UL, CSA, etc).
• Must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
• Excellent oral, written, and digital communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum 4-year engineering degree from an accredited university or college, OR at least 15 years experience in field service projects involving a variety of electrical distribution equipment.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Team Lead within the power distribution industry and/or with complex project management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of technical, commercial, and customer requirements of project management and construction within the power industry.
• Demonstrated expertise with project management techniques and practices including communications, planning, coordination, scheduling, safety, and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage costs and keep projects on expected budget.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
• Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
• A team player, coupled with the ability to be resourceful and independent.
• 4-year BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Background in hands-on construction or project execution on work including electrical and mechanical systems.
• Efficient use of CAD systems (Autodesk).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the use of industry common project management software.
• Ability to help guide and motivate team members in a fast-paced environment.