Superior customer service is at the heart of our business. Our experienced field engineers and service repair technicians are highly motivated and dedicated professionals, providing customers with superior technical innovation, problem solving, and sound project management, backed by a highly skilled team of service managers and technical support.
Southwest Electric Company's Electric Motor and Rotating Equipment Service centers and field service organization offer comprehensive motor services that include:
- Commissioning and decommissioning
- Preventive Maintenance Field Service: Laser Alignment, IRD Dynamic Balancing, on Site Commutator and Slip Ring turning and Cryogenic Cleaning.
- Predictive Maintenance Field Service: PdMA Motor Analysis and Certified CSI Vibration Analysis
- In-shop AC/DC motor rewind
- Re-design and re-manufacturing
- Extensive testing & verification services:
EASA Association Member and SKF Certified Rebuilder and UL listed
Southwest Electric's skilled experienced craftsmen strive to maintain a reputation for quality workmanship, technical excellence, dependable service and timely response that has been our trademark for nearly 70 years.
Type of equipment we service includes: Electric AC/DC motors, generators, pumps, adjustable speed drives, gearboxes, hoists, cranes and other rotating electrical equipment and controls.
IN-SHOP REWIND and REPAIR
Southwest Electric Company features one of the few electric motor/generator repair shops in the Southwest and Plains states with in-house coil rewind capabilities.
With a 100,000 square foot Lean Manufacturing facility, the company's primary Service Center in Oklahoma City offers total in-shop UL certified repair/rewind solutions for AC and DC motors, as well as generators and drives of all manufacturers and all sizes under one roof, and services the Central/Western region. A similar, though smaller facility in Nashville, TN covers the Eastern Region.
Our custom coil department can provide short lead time designs and procurement/manufacturing for both in-shop and on-site motor rewind requirements. Local stocks of wire are maintained at each service center to support customer needs for quick response on random wound AC motors and DC armatures, using either form or mush coil designs. Our staff is focused in single-point contacts at each service center with knowledgeable, experienced personnel responding to customer inquiries including engineering support for design and redesign work.
FACILITY & PROCESS CAPABILITIES - What sets us apart The following are some of the capabilities, plant capacities and customer benefits that make Southwest Electric unique as your service organization for motors and rotary equipment:
- Touting one of the largest motor shop facilities in the country -- the large Oklahoma City plant and service center (complemented by similar plants in the SouthEast) has enabled our motor services to lay out a Lean efficient work flow/process layout, which improves our quality and lead times to offer competitive completion schedules.
- Crane capacity of up to 135 tons -- Southwest Electric's primary regional plant in Oklahoma City offers crane capacity for up to 135 tons, enabling us to lift/move large motors & generators within the plant, load and unload .
- Fleet of trucks and service vehicles with extensive crane capabilities
- Rail to bay capabilities - our ability to accept and repair large motors is not limited to trucks, but also includes the ability to receive directly from freight train transport to our bay/receiving and shipping door
- Process and store multiple large units under one roof -- The facility's plant/hanger space offers adequate room to load/unload, machine, rewind, balance, assemble, paint and store multiple large units all under one roof.
- 27’ under crane hook clearance -- we can efficiently move large equipment without interference from other jobs, which allow us to manage multiple large jobs at the same time. We can actually unload an 18 wheeler indoors.
- Efficient process isolation -- The newly expanded facility has enabled us to isolate messy processes such as bake-out, steam cleaning, blasting from other processes that require “clean room” environment such as winding, painting and assembly.
- Controlled ovens (Controlled Pyrolysis®) -- for optimum winding bake-out process.
- Test capabilities to run motors at voltage up to 7,000 volts
- State of the art plant equipment including:
- Lathes with up to 60 inch swing -
- 125 ton horizontal press
- Dynamic balancing equipment to handle rotors up to 25,000 pounds/22 ft length
- 8 ft Vacuum Pressure Impregnation System
- 2,000 HP dynamometer
*UL certified repairs
Call us today for your rotating electrical equipment repair and service needs.
CONTACT US 24/7 (including Emergency Services):
EASTERN Region 615.255.6514 CENTRAL/WEST Region 800.364.4445